Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Crossing the Appalachians by Rachel Cullen(My fake pioneer name)


I've been on the road

Walking,trekking,riding

On the dark rough rocky trail

Edward has already crossed to Kentucky


Isabella left to Pennsylvania

But me I'm still crossing

Many've caught some kind of diesease

But I'm still healthy


I've heard that Kentucky

Is full of rich rop soil

For growing and farming

The place sounds like a dream come true


Back in Connecticut

The land's expensive

It's already reached $50 per acre

I mean who can pay for that?!?


So I'm crossing the Appalachians

In search for cheaper land

In search for cheaper livin'

Hope I find it


It may be hard

With horses getting sick

And cattle dying

But I'm not giving up


My bones might feel like broken biscuits

But I'll be riding

For my quest wont be over

Til I'm strong and happy over the Appalachians


I'm gonna finally have a decent meal

No more dry bread

And dirty water

But soft,warm bread and fresh lemonade


I'll be united with Edward and my children again

Then we can live peacefully

Maybe even make friends with the Cherokee

I just can't wait till I'm past the Appalachians



This was my history project.See how I mixed Edward Cullen with History class.I am such a smarty!

No comments: